Are you thriving or surviving?
You only get one shot at life so you need to give it the best chance you can. Bad experiences or any type of trauma can very quickly change your outlook on life from thriving to surviving. So what are the differences:
If you’re thriving you’re high on life, you challenge yourself daily and your goals are in sight. You’re happy and have a positive outlook on life and your future. You want to:
1. Grow as a person.
2. Develop yourself and flourish.
3. Continuously learn new stuff.
4. Try new things.
5. Feel that you enjoy life and are getting the best out of it.
If you’re surviving you feel like the energy has been sucked out of you. You’re trudging uphill with your head down and the top is not in sight. You’re unhappy and have a negative outlook on life and your future. You:
1. Continue to exist, to simply just get by.
2. Find things a drag.
3. Are more reactive than proactive.
4. Follow the same routine day in day out.
5. Go through the motions every day.
6. See failure as the end result of things going wrong.
7. Don’t get any enjoyment or fulfilment from life.
Moving from surviving to thriving isn’t easy but it is possible. Developing the resilience to turn a trauma or crisis into an opportunity will serve you well in all areas of your life.
Ask yourself honestly, are you surviving or thriving? If you’re thriving, keep going! If you’re surviving a Life Coach can help identify what’s stopping you from thriving in life and give you the tools and techniques to move forward in a positive way.
Get in contact for if you need to start thriving instead of surviving.
Take the leap of faith. Make the Change. Not tomorrow. Not next week, but NOW.
Leave A Comment