Toxic people are dangerous to your self-esteem, your inner thoughts and ultimately your mental health. They can sometimes lurk in your closest inner circles without you realising, simply adding no benefit to your life. These are the people who play manipulative games with you and give you the run around no matter how hard you try to make things work with them. It can be anyone from a partner, work colleague, family member or even a close friend.
The key is to identify those who are toxic and have the courage to get rid of them from your life.
Identifying the toxic people in your life.
1. Negative vibes. If you have someone in your life who is always unhappy, angry and resentful, it’s highly likely they are sucking the life and positivity out of you. If you keep spending time with them their negativity will rub off on you. To attract good things into your life, you have to focus on the positive.
2. Never have anything nice to say. There’s a little good and a little bad in almost everyone, but toxic people just see the bad. They constantly judge others and think no one else is good enough. You will never hear them give somebody a compliment or say anything nice about another person.
3. Jealous traits. Jealous people are never happy with what they have. If good things happen to you, they will think it should be happening to them and will never be happy for you. Always surround yourself with people who support your dreams. Those that will help you move forward and enjoy life.
4. Play the victim. Those who can’t take responsibility for their actions are toxic to your physical and mental wellbeing. They always have to blame someone else for whatever is going wrong in their lives and will make you forget to see the positive in any hurdles you may face.
5. Self-centred nature. Thinking of yourself is extremely important but thinking only of yourself is completely different. Toxic people are obsessed with themselves and show no concern for the feelings and opinions of others. The only thought in their mind is themselves and they always get what they want and don’t care what they have to do or who they have to hurt to get it.
6. Those who keep disappointing you. We all make mistakes and we can all be negative or self-centred at times. No-one is perfect. However if someone isn’t willing to accept the mistakes they make and keep doing it over and over again, they will keep disappointing you. Don’t let them.
Removing toxic people from your life tells you and others that you are valued. Embrace relationships that inspire and motivate you to be the best version of you. This is your life. Never let others dampen your sparkle!
If you’re struggling to deal with a toxic person in your life get in contact. I CAN help you move forward.
Take the leap of faith. Make the Change. Not tomorrow. Not next week, but NOW.
Leave A Comment