Whether you like it or not life is full of challenges. There is pressure and expectation everywhere, which can make you feel overwhelmed, anxious or stressed. People often contemplate seeking the assistance from a Life Coach when they reach a critical point or suffer a traumatic event in their personal or professional life that requires help. Some want to simply get more out of their lives, face their fears or be happier in life. Others want to work towards goals that reflect their dreams, but are just unsure how to do it. You may be surprised to hear that approximately 70% of these people contemplate it but never actually go through with it.
7 reasons why people don’t seek help from a Life Coach:
1. Perhaps it’s the unknown or that facing and answering your own questions which will push you outside of your comfort zone.
2. The fear that you or others will think that you are weak for seeking help, so you put it off in order to avoid ridicule or negative comments from your friends or family.
3. Your own ego is telling you that you don’t need help or guidance. That pessimistic voice on your shoulder basically telling you to ‘get on with it’. You push through in the hope that the problem just goes away even though it rarely does.
4. Day to day life distracts you from seeking help. Family and work priorities take over and you put everyone else first, forgetting about yourself. Ultimately this compounds the issue and can result in severe unhappiness, suffering and stress.
5. You lack the confidence or self esteem to face your fears and the thought of sharing your deepest thoughts and aspirations with somebody you don’t know quite frankly terrifies you.
6. You have a lack of courage or motivation to chase your life goals and dreams. Why bother getting help, it’s pointless, isn’t it?
7. The financial aspect. People assume they will need lots of sessions to get anywhere and the cost will just mount up. This is simply not true. Some clients only need 1 or 2 sessions, others need more. There is no set number, packages are tailored to you.
Why use a Life Coach?
Life Coaches have no agenda. They simply listen and empower you to realise your true potential. Life Coaches have great intuition and will ask you a series of questions that will identify your thoughts and fears. They offer sound and proven techniques that allow you to identify any underlying issues that may be holding you back. More importantly, they will give you the tools in order to help you make those huge decisions and will guide you to implement the changes that are needed, in order to live a fulfilled and happier life.
Approaching a Life Coach should be seen as an exciting prospect. It means you are ready to move forward in your life and ready to thrive instead of just survive.
I offer a free 1 hour consultation where we both decide if Life Coaching is for you. Don’t put things off any longer.
What are you waiting for? Take the leap of faith. Make the Change. Not tomorrow. Not next week, but NOW.