We all crave happiness in many forms. It’s easy to think that a nice house or a brand new car can make you happy, but actually happiness is staring you right in the face, everywhere you look. It’s the simple things that if incorporated into your daily routine, can bring pure happiness and contentment.
How to live a happy, contented life:
1. Perfection – Let’s face it, nobody has a perfect life. From the outside (and in many cases on Social Media), others may seem to have everything going for them, but nobody knows what internal struggles, they face on a day to day basis. Always aim high, but be realistic about what makes you happy.
2. Be yourself – If somebody is dampening your sparkle, don’t spend time with them. Choose to surround yourself with those who appreciate you, but more importantly those who support your dreams and goals.
3. Spread your happiness – We all love making somebody else happy, it gives us a buzz to see people we love, smile. Do something nice for somebody at home or at work, every single day. It can increase your own happiness levels.
4. Do what you love doing – Whether it’s running, fishing, yoga, cooking, walking the dog, make time to do it. It will make you feel happy.
5. Be grateful for what you have, not what you don’t have. Never compare yourself to others.
6. Passion – be passionate about everything you do. If you’re doing something that fills you with dread or you hate the thought of, work out a way to get rid of it from your life.
7. Laugh and smile, a lot – It’s free and infectious!
One of my favourite quotes, sums happiness up perfectly:
“Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.”
Life is too short, find happiness in everything you do!
Oax Life Coaching