Confidence and self-esteem stem from positive thinking and believing that you can accomplish great things. Our confidence and the belief we have in ourselves can show in many ways – our behaviour, our mood and the way we carry ourselves. More importantly it allows us to get more enjoyment, pleasure and fulfilment out of life. Surely it’s worth reading further…….
7 Top Tips to improve your confidence and self-esteem
1. Face your Fear – you gain strength, courage and confidence by facing your fears. It helps you understand that you can overcome the next problem/issue that you face. Always try to do the things you think you can’t.
2. Failure will not kill you – we all make mistakes and don’t succeed at everything we try. If you fail, learn from the mistakes you made and have the confidence to believe you wont make them again. Don’t worry what people around you think if you do fail, trust me, they have their own worries and problems, so will probably not even notice!
3. Focus on your positives – write a list of what you like about yourself. It could be anything from your appearance to what you feel you are good at. You may be surprised at how long the list is. Try not to focus on the problems in your life and instead channel that energy into working out solutions and making positive changes.
4. Look after yourself – physically and mentally. Work out what is affecting your confidence and try to change those things. Try to remove those individuals in your life who constantly put you down and take away your confidence. Life is too short to waste time on those type of people.
5. Improve your body language – the simple act of smiling can have a huge impact on your confidence. If you try to feel more confident outwardly, it will begin to improve your self-confidence inwardly. Focus on your posture – pulling your shoulders back or lifting your head, can make you seem like a more confident person (even if you don’t feel it inside!). Remember to maintain eye contact with whoever you are talking to.
6. Become more curious – if we remain curious, we continue to grow each day. Take time to read or do something that interests you. Discovering new information and experiencing new things can boost your confidence. Being curious will encourage you to be more observant of new ideas, it opens up all kinds of possibilities and it could help lead you in a new direction. Be bold, be curious.
7. Be grateful – appreciate the things you have got, instead of beating yourself up about the things you haven’t. Be grateful for the things that others do for you and return the favour. It can be a very positive and rewarding activity, that will improve your confidence.
Oax Life Coaching