So many people have dreams, but never take the steps needed to turn them into goals. Ask yourself this, are you actually living your life or do you find yourself constantly daydreaming about something amazing that you want to work towards? We all have dreams and aspirations, but did you know that almost 78% of us fail to achieve the things that we dream about?
Here are 7 reasons why you may be struggling to achieve your dreams:
1. You have no goals – So many people have lots of dreams, but never take the steps to turn them into goals. Write your dreams down, analyse them and work out how you will achieve them.
2. You have no plan – Having goals is great but if you don’t have a plan it’s pretty pointless. A goal with a plan is the first step to success. You wouldn’t go on holiday without coming up with an itinerary (well most wouldn’t), so don’t have dreams without coming up with a plan!
3. Scared of taking a risk – Fear stops us from doing so many wonderful things. The fear of failure or getting it wrong is a dream killer! Challenging your comfort zone can sometimes lead to failure. However, if you learn from this, success is around the corner. If your dream requires no risk, it isn’t much of a dream. Dream big, step outside your comfort zone and take risks.
4. Saying “someday” or “when I’m ready” – Someday doesn’t appear on any calendar. If you wait until you feel ready, you will probably never realise your dreams. Create a timeline. It doesn’t matter how long it is or when you start, just take the first step.
5. Nobody is holding you accountable – If you decide to hold yourself accountable, then you need to be tough and straight talking with yourself. Others find it useful to have a coach or even a good friend to hold them accountable. Choose carefully and make sure it’s somebody who will challenge you if you aren’t following your plan.
6. Underestimating how hard it will be – Having the motivation to tackle a new dream is the easy part. Sticking to it is where people fall down. Nothing easy is worth having, so remind yourself that you’re going to have to work hard to achieve your dream. Accept it may take time and that you will experience a few hiccups along the way.
7. You’ve given up – You’re impatient and fed up of not seeing results so just think “why bother”. We all suffer setbacks every now and again but understand what went wrong, deal with it and move on. Never give up on your dreams!
Do you want to be in the 78% who never achieve their dreams or the 22% who do? If you’re happy to just muddle through life, then you will remain in that 78%. Your dreams will stay dreams.
Those in the 22% are driven and motivated to achieve their dreams. They don’t muddle along on their own. They seek sound advice from friends, they read and gain knowledge to help them succeed. Some seek coaching and advice from an independent party. The difference is these type of people invest time and money in themselves because they are determined to succeed. If you think that you’re in the 78%, have the courage to be honest with yourself, stop hesitating and get on with realising your dreams!
A dream without a plan is just a wish!
What are you waiting for? Take the leap of faith. Make the Change. Not tomorrow. Not next week, but NOW.
Leave A Comment