“Life is all about Choices”
This has been one of my favourite sayings for as long as I can remember. I think it’s because I genuinely believe it. We make choices every single second of our lives. These can be obvious ones which only have a small impact on our lives such as what we eat, what we wear or what we say. There are the less obvious ones such as what we think or what we focus on. Then there are the toughest choices which can completely change your life one way or another. The course of your life is only decided by choices you have made on your own, or by someone’s influence.
More often than not, people make the same choices in their lives over and over again, then wonder why nothing changes. To get better results, YOU have to make better choices. For example if you want to be fit and healthy but you keep on eating rubbish and don’t exercise, how can you expect anything in your life to change? If something bad happens you can choose to be a victim or you can choose to learn from it and move on. Only you can choose how you react to a situation. Only you can choose how people affect your mood. If someone drains the life out of you, or constantly behaves negatively towards you, choose not to spend time with them.
Sometimes we can make the wrong choice and don’t realise this until it’s too late to do anything about it. Making wrong choices is only human, try not to worry about it and move on. Life is a learning cycle and it can only be improved by learning from the wrong choices or decisions we make.
Here are some thought provoking questions to ask yourself:
1. Do you wake up each morning in a good mood or bad mood? You have two choices. You can choose to be in a good mood or choose to be in a bad mood. Always choose a good mood!
2. Do you choose to be unhealthy? Simple answer is don’t! Healthy body = Healthy mind = Healthy life.
3. Do you choose to be unhappy? Choose to eliminate the things in your life that make you unhappy and wake up happy every day.
4. Are you afraid of trying to achieve your life long dreams and goals? Choose to be brave and give it a go. Nobody will bat an eyelid if you fail. Pick yourself up, learn from it and try again.
5. Are you unhappy at work or home? Look at what is making you unhappy and work out what you need to do to get the happiness back. No matter how hard or life changing the decision is, always choose to be happy.
It’s your life and your choice, so choose wisely and consciously. Remember, things don’t happen by chance, they happen by change. Choose to be the best version of you!
“Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make different choices.” – Unknown
Make the change. Your choice!