At times in our lives we all wish we could be happier. It’s a known fact that sometimes we make ourselves miserable. We think about how things in our life didn’t turn out as we hoped. Negative thoughts such as worry, self-judgment and fearing rejection, enter our heads and stop us from moving forward.
Happiness isn’t a gift from someone, it’s not just going to fall out of the sky and hit you on the head (although that would be nice!). You have to play an active part to achieve happiness, inside and out.
How Can I Become Happier?
1. Choose to be happy. Make a conscious decision to be happy and live a positive life. Always live the life that you want to live, not how others want you to live it. Choose attitudes and behaviours that lead to happiness, over unhappiness.
2. Surround yourself with positive people. Positivity is contagious. Every second you spend with positive people, the things you do become more enjoyable and productive. Spending time with people who constantly complain, can drain you and end up putting you in a bad mood.
3. Focus on the here and now. Be thankful for everything you have, right now. Enjoy what is right in front of you, not what you might or might not have tomorrow.
4. Remember perfection doesn’t exist. Every day is an opportunity to be a better version of you. If you focus on small changes and goals, they will naturally turn into bigger goals, without you even noticing.
5. Happiness attracts success. Success in itself will not bring happiness. In work, people want to do business with positive, happy people. In relationships, people are attracted to others who smile, are positive and passionate about everything they do.
6. Challenge yourself. Be willing to step outside of your comfort zone, discard old habits and leave those negative thoughts behind. Stop looking for happiness and start living happiness.
7. Exercise. If you are physically active, you will feel more energetic, you will sleep better and you will naturally choose healthier food choices. These 3 things combined, will improve your level of happiness.
Remember, being happy is a daily decision, that only you can make.
Choose to be happy – Make the Change!