Do you feel as if you are living a full life? Do you jump out of bed excited every single day? Are you looking forward to something special? Are you living your best life? If the answer is no to any of the above questions then you aren’t living a full life, you are just existing.
Going from day to day doing the same thing, not really being conscious about moving forward in your life can be related to low motivation or low self confidence. Before you know it, you’re frustrated that you haven’t invested in yourself or moved any further forward with your hopes, dreams or wants in life. It’s very easy to get stuck in a rut and not know how to get out of it. If you’re sat in this space waiting or hoping for something to change then I can guarantee you it’s not going to happen, unless you do something about it.
Some people just need a great big kick up the arse to get out of the cycle or some experience a trigger point in their lives and realise they have to change things in order to live a better life. If you have read my background you will know that my childhood wasn’t easy. My cousin (and best buddy) died of a heart attack when we were both 17. We went through school together, played sport together, got up to no good together and even joined the Army together. His death was the first trigger point in my life that made me realise I needed to live a full life.
My Top Tips to live a full life:
1. Every day is a fresh start. Don’t live with any regrets. Say sorry if you need to, but don’t look for apologies from others. Don’t let what happened yesterday, last week or even last year hold you back. Move on and try not to let dark clouds hover over your air space. Always live in the present and look forward to the day ahead.
2. Stop whinging. If you aren’t happy with something in your life or aren’t actively trying to change it, stop complaining about it. Lots of people complain about not having the time to do the things they want to do, but don’t actually realise they put themselves in that situation in the first place. Put yourself first for a change and make time to do the things you want to do.
3. Be proactive. Don’t wait for a trauma or something bad to happen in your life to give you a kick up the arse. Get out there and create your own opportunities. Do what needs to be done, no matter how hard it is. Be super conscious of doing as many of the amazing things that you want to do in life, before it’s too late.
4. Take your own action. Don’t wait for others around you to do or agree to something, get on with it yourself. Remember this is your life and you should choose your own path. If somebody close to you doesn’t want to support you, then that’s their bad choice. You never know your action might rub off on them and they may join the ride.
5. Discover your passion and purpose in life. Do the things in life that excite you. If you don’t enjoy something or are just doing it for the sake of it, then don’t do it. Find out what your passion and purpose in life is and follow it. You can find out why having a passion and purpose is so important in this blog.
6. Bucket list. I bang on about this a lot but it’s really important to have a bucket list and experience as much in life as possible. It’s not something that you start when you retire. It’s a list of things that you achieve throughout your life and tick them off when they are done. Keep adding to it as you go along!
Living a full life isn’t all about having the money to go out and do everything you want to do, it’s about doing the smallest of things that make you smile, every single day. It’s important to plan for the future but always remember not to sacrifice the present. Enjoy the here and now at the same time as working towards the future.
The best advice I can give anybody is to live every second, every minute, every hour, every day, every month and every single year.
Make the Change